Labradorite crystal's hallmark is transformation and change. Viewed as a power stone, allowing one to see through illusions and determine the actual form of your dreams and goals. It is used in magic for manifestation, scrying, and protection - largely associated with the divine feminine. Intrigued by this alluring crystal? Read on to learn more about labradorite uses and properties.
What is Labradorite Crystal?
Labradorite is a gemstone with a spectacular iridescent sheen that is used in a variety of ritual, jewelry and ornamental applications. Its name is derived from the Labrador Peninsula in Canada, where it was first discovered. Labradorite is composed of plagioclase feldspar and exhibits a wide range of colors, depending on the angle at which it is viewed. The most common colors are blue, green, and yellow, but it can also be found in red, orange, and pink.
Labradorite Crystal Meaning
Labradorite is a stone of magic and mystery. It is said to be a stone of transformation, and is used to help one find their true path in life. Labradorite is also said to be a stone of protection, and is used to guard against negative energy and to promote healing.
Labradorite Crystal Uses
- Transformation: It helps to release old patterns, habits and beliefs that no longer serve you, and opens you up to new possibilities and perspectives.
- Protection: It is also a powerful protector, shielding you from negative energies and giving you strength and courage to face challenges.
- Healing: This crystal gives a natural boost to physical and more heady healing processes.
- Meditation: Labradorite can be used in meditation to connect with your higher self and intuition. Its energy is also helpful for balancing and harmonizing the chakras.
- Increase Psychic Abilities & Spirituality: Labradorite is said to be useful for those who wish to increase their psychic abilities or intuitive gifts. It is also thought to be helpful in attaining spiritual enlightenment, and for those seeking to deepen their understanding of the subconscious mind.
- Stress Relief: Because labradorite innately helps with protection, balancing your person and transformation, this crystal will also bring you stress relief as you work through issues at hand.
How to Use Labradorite Crystal
If you are looking to use this stone for its healing properties, it is recommended that you place it on the area of your body that needs healing or wear it as jewelry. You can also carry it with you or keep it in your home to enjoy its benefits. We also suggest researching or picking up some books about altar making and rituals so you can figure out how to best incorporate labradorite into your everyday practice.
The Metaphysical Properties of Labradorite Crystal
Labradorite has many uses coming from its metaphysical properties. Labradorite is a stone of magic and mystery, said to promote psychic ability, intuition and spiritual enlightenment. It is also said to be a powerful protector, warding off negative energies and helping to keep the aura clear and balanced. Labradorite is believed to be particularly helpful in accessing and understanding the messages of the subconscious mind, aiding in balancing the chakras.
Third Eye and Crown chakras.
Labradorite isn't a porous stone so you are open to charge and cleanse this crystal in a plethora of ways. The most common way to cleanse is typically with sunlight or moonlight but water can be used on Labradorite as well.
Want to explore even more crystals? Check out our You're a Gem blog to see what other benefits, uses and properties healing crystals like amethyst and rose quartz have. You can also check out our Crystal Shoppe, which is filled with healing crystals of all different types and sizes, with each page breaking down the basics.