What is Route?
Route automatically connects to everything you’ve ordered from all your favorite retailers while allowing you to visually track your packages, anytime, anywhere. Add Route Package Protection at checkout and unlock full package protection and seamless resolution for order issues.
Download the Route app for iOS on the Apple App Store.
Download the Route app for Android on the Google Play Store.
What info does Route gather and how does Route use my data?
Route uses delivery and order information to provide as much detail as possible about your order. To do this, Route parses your emails to collect order information such as tracking numbers, carrier names, and product info. We employ multiple layers of security to protect and secure customer data.
How do I report an order issue to get a replacement or a refund?
That’s easy - Click here!
What qualifies for a claim to be covered by Route? What doesn’t?
Packages presumed to be lost
Invalid address or delivery barriers
- Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to the sender/retailer. The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus Route does not cover this. In instances where the item is being returned to the sender and is reusable, customers will be referred to the retailer.
- The exception is retailers that ship perishable items (e.g. food, a mattress that cannot be reused).
Only part of the order delivered
- If the customer ordered several items in one package but only part of the order arrived and there is no evidence of tampering, Route does not cover the order issue. The customer will be referred to the retailer.
- If a single order is being shipped in multiple packages and one package does not arrive, Route will cover the order issue and reorder or refund the value of the undelivered package.
Route does not cover packages labeled return to sender because the order has been sent back to us. Items are returned to sender when a an invalid or undeliverable address if provided or someone refuses a delivery.
At Route’s discretion, Route may cover the order issue if the returned item is perishable or if the retailer is unable to reuse it.*
- Route covers the customer’s order if the package gets lost in-transit back to the sender.*
*Please note: Route Package Protection timeframes for filing apply.
Order stuck in customs
Route cannot cover when an order is stuck in international borders/customs.
Your next step is to pay the customs fees in order to receive the package.
- If Route replaces something you have already paid customs on, under Route’s discretion, Route can approve and pay customs the second time.
Order marked as unfulfilled or unshipped
If the your order is marked as unfulfilled or unshipped, the order hasn’t been fulfilled yet by the Friends.
- Route does not control how quickly the retailer ships the customer’s order. Route Package Protection is not yet in action because the order has not shipped.
Order issue filed too soon
- If you file an order issue the same day that the package was marked as delivered, Route may ask you to wait 5 business days. Carriers (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.) sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
What about damaged items in orders with Route Protection?
If the you received a broken item and needs to dispose of it (i.e. shattered glass), the customer needs to check their city ordinances and dispose of it properly.
A damaged item is considered to be a broken product that is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc.
Route does not cover cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.), manufacturing damages, packaging errors, or unsealed items. At Route’s discretion, they may offer a 15-30% refund depending on the severity of the cosmetic damage.
- Route requires further evidence of the damaged item (i.e. more photos, videos, etc.).
What does Route protection cover when a claim is approved?
Route refunds the cost of the item(s) alone. Shipping costs, taxes, and the Route premium are not included in Route refunds. Route also does not pay custom/duty fees.
For a detailed breakdown of Route's official insurance policy, please see https://route.com/insurance.
I used Route Protection and I think my package was stolen. What do I do?
Please refer to Route’s Stolen Items Policies directly as the steps vary based on your situation.
How can I track my deliveries on the Route mobile app?
You can view your deliveries in the Route mobile app to get a real-time view of where all of your packages are. On the MAP screen, you can swipe through cards or zoom into the map to see where packages are in-transit. Tap on a card to open up the Order Details page. You can also see a list view of all your packages on the Orders screen. From there, you can tap on orders to see the order details which will provide info around where your order is in transit.
Why do I need Route Package Protection?
Route offers you "peace of mind" package protection for all of your orders at an affordable price. The cost to you - to fully protect your package in the event that it is lost, damaged, or stolen - is calculated based on the subtotal of the order. Anything $100 or under is 98 cents. Anything $100 or over is higher than 98 cents and increases depending on pricepoint.